The booking fee includes the costs of booking your tickets such as charges for payment processing. It also covers the provision of our customer care center for processing your order, and all charges imposed by our suppliers.
* This tour requires at least one of the following per booking: Adult, Senior
True discovery of troglodyte architecture and Berber culture in the mountains of Matmata and its surroundings, with a typical meal at home to live a real experience that will be etched in your memory forever.
Lunch at a berber family in an authentic troglodyte house
Houmt Souk, Tunisia
We will pick you up at any Hotels or airport in Tunisia
Melita Airport, Tunisia
Carthage Airport, Tunis, Tunisia
Tamezret, Tamezret, Tunisia Early departure from Djerba to the troglodyte villages through the Bac.
• After crossing the Jorf Strait, departure to the Dhahar Massif by crossing the rocky tracks from Zrewa new to the old village, a small place of Berber origin abandoned in a beautiful landscape of mountains.
• Continue south to Tamezret, Berber village located on the peak of a mountain that overlooks a vast landscape on the rocky desert to the borders of the Eastern Erg.
• Walking tour of Tamezret to discover the typical architecture of semi-troglodyte houses to the small white mosque overlooking the village and offers an impressive view. 180 minutes
Matmata, Matmata, Tunisia • Continuation to Taoujout another small typical village implanted in a mountainous landscape but of an admirable beauty.
• Then, on the road towards Matmata, we visit the troglodyte complex "Diar Amor" which represents a troglodyte museum and dug out guest houses intended to lodge the tourists.
• Arrival at Matmata, the famous Berber village known for its dug houses still inhabited and which forms an impressive lunar landscape.
• Lunch at a Berber family in an authentic troglodyte house, to discover meadows and a direct way the daily life among Berber women.
• After lunch, visit the Sidi Driss Hotel in Matmata, location of the saga "Star Wars". 180 minutes
Toujane, Tunisia Continuation of the journey through beautiful scenery breathtaking on the heights of Dhahar to Toujane via the trail of Zriba, a picturesque village nestled in the mountains of Dhahar and overlooked by an ancient citadel from which you can admire a superb panorama of the whole village. Photo stop with tasting of a good tea with mint and rosemary.
• Then, down to the village and visit a traditional underground oil mill to discover the ancient traditions of olive oil production in the region. 180 minutes
Service animals allowed
Infants are required to sit on an adult’s lap
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
Not recommended for travelers with poor cardiovascular health
Suitable for all physical fitness levels
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.
If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
09 Apr 2022
Un tour des villages troglodytes en passant par des paysages magnifiques.. Notre guide Khames était incroyable !! Il nous a apprit plein de choses sur le pays, les cultures, etc.. A faire absolument pour voir un peu du pays !!
We always double-check the availability with our local partners for each booking. Even though this is usually a swift process, it can take up to 24 hours. Once this process is completed you will receive your voucher or ticket by email. If our local partner is not able to confirm your booking we will offer you the best possible alternative. If the new date and/or time doesn’t fit your itinerary, we will reimburse the full amount paid.
How great that you want to share your experience! Your feedback helps other travelers to make a better choice.